Help stop ACTA
- Inform about ACTA
- Use the ACTA alert box on your website
- If in the EU, help collect signatures of Members of the European Parliament for the Written Declaration 12
Intellectual property must be protected, but it should not be placed above individuals' rights to privacy and data protection.
ACTA is legislation laundering on an international level of what would be very difficult to get through most Parliaments
The European Parliament has had no representation in ACTA negotiations. Just accepting or rejecting an agreement is not an exercise of democracy as under the Lisbon Treaty.
It is extremely regrettable that democratic debate has been eliminated from talks that could have a major impact on such a fundamental freedom as free expression.
Any measures concerning people's right to go online need to be brought in through the proper democratic channels, not via self-regulation, and made into EU law
Third party liability for Internet Server Providers is like making the post office responsible for what is inside the letters they send.
We can only assume that the final text could do great harm in developing countries and undermine the balance between the protection of intellectual property and the need to provide affordable medicines for poor people.
We are in danger of ending up with the worst of both worlds, pushing IP rules, which are very effective at stopping access to life-saving drugs but are very bad at stopping or preventing fake drugs.
"The European Parliament has had no representation in ACTA negotiations. Just accepting or rejecting an agreement is not an exercise of democracy as under the Lisbon Treaty."
- transformer les opérateurs d'Internet en police privée du copyright;
- imposer des sanctions dures et injustes aux utilisateurs et consommateurs;
- nuire à l'accès aux médicaments et aux savoirs essentiels dans les pays pauvres;
- freiner l'innovation;
- établir une nouvelle gouvernance anti-démocratique, contournant les parlements.