Since every deliberate action of government and industry is working to realize this future, we should look at this as a strategy plan rather than a warning of things to come.
The report hypothesizes what the world will be like in under 30 years and is an "analysis of the key risks and shocks" the planet is likely to face. Its predictions include:
- The development of neutron weapons that destroy living organs but not buildings and "make a weapon of choice for extreme ethnic cleansing in an increasingly populated world." Such weapons would be dispersed by means of unmanned vehicles, leading to "application of lethal force without human intervention, raising consequential legal and ethical issues."
- Within 30 years implanted brain chips as standard for all citizens in developed nations.
- A mass revolt on behalf of the middle classes of the developed world in opposition to rampant immigration, an urban under-class and the deterioration of social order.
- The revival of Marxism as a replacement for religion in an increasingly morally relativist age.
- Unchecked globalization that effectively ends the nation state and leads to wars based on territorial belief systems rather than country against country.
- A sharp decline in the population of white Europeans but an 81% increase in the population of sub-Saharan Africa and that of Middle Eastern countries by 132%.
- Endemic unemployment, instability and threat to the social order as a result of population increase.
- The emergence of a "terrorist coalition," an alliance of belief systems that oppose the state, from environmentalists to "ultra-nationalists" and remnants of religious groups.